We encourage you to read this Policy carefully so that you have a clear understanding of the information that we may collect about you and how we use, protect or otherwise handle the collected information. By submitting your Personal Information (as defined below) to us, you will be deemed to have given your consent, where necessary and appropriate, for our collection and use of your Personal Information as described in this Policy.
A. Why we do collect information on our website?
IPC collects information on its website to provide its users with relevant information about our services, resources, and materials which may be of interest, and to respond to customer inquiries.
B. What types of information do we collect from users of its website? When do we collect information from users of our website?
IPC collects Personal Information and Non-Personal Information on its website. For the purposes of this Policy, Personal Information is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, including an individual’s name, contact information, professional title, and employer. In some regions, an individuals’ internet protocol address (“IP address”) may be considered Personal Information. Non-Personal Information is information which is anonymous or which cannot be used to identify a particular individual.
Regardless of the type of information collected, we only collect information with your consent. By using our website, you consent to the collection of information as set forth in this Policy. We only collect the information which is necessary to facilitate the purposes and uses reflected in this Policy.
1. Personal Information. IPC collects Personal Information from individuals when they provide it to IPC through its website. When subscribing to our email newsletters, signing up to attend a webinar, or registering for a conference, trade show, or expo via our website, you may be asked to complete a registration form by entering your name, contact information, employer name or other Personal Information. IPC uses this information to communicate with users and provide them with information which may be of interest to them. IPC also may share this information on a limited basis with third parties as described in this Policy.
2. Non-Personal Information. We may gather certain information about your use of our website, such as your browser type, information about your visit, and interaction with our websites and emails, such as analytical and log data.
We partner with certain Service Providers to collect analytical, behavioral, log, and clickstream data and to engage in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting. As used in this Policy, “Service Providers” shall mean vendors that provide services to IPC with regard to the operation of its website or the collection or review of data from its website. IPC and its Service Providers may use tracking technologies to identify you when you are online, and to collect information about your online activities, such as the type of browser you use, the websites you visit, your IP address, geographic location, browser type and version, and the content and advertising that you find interesting. This information helps us understand your interests and how we can better serve you.
Data generated from cookies and other behavioral tracking technology is not made available to any outside parties, and is only used in the aggregate to make editorial decisions for the websites. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent by visiting the Cookies Policy page. If your cookies are disabled in the browser, neither the tracking cookie nor the preference cookie is set, and you are in effect opted-out.
In other cases, our advertisers request to use third-party tracking to verify our ad delivery, or to remarket their products and/or services to you on other websites. You may opt-out of these tracking pixels by adjusting the Do Not Track settings in your browser, or by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page.
You have control over whether, how, and when cookies and other tracking technologies are installed on your devices. Although each browser is different, most browsers enable their users to access and edit their cookie preferences in their browser settings. The rejection or disabling of some cookies may impact certain features of the site or to cause some of the website’s services not to function properly.
C. How do we use the information that we collect?
We may use the information we collect from you to improve our website in order to better serve you, to communicate with you and to respond to your requests, to process your transactions, and for any other purpose that we tell you about when you give us the information.
D. What is the legal basis for our processing of personal information?
IPC relies on both consent and legitimate business interests for processing Personal Information. For example, IPC may process Personal Information with a user’s consent when the user agrees to the installation of cookies on the user’s devices.
On other occasions, IPC may process Personal Information pursuant to specific purposes which are in our interests and that enable IPC to enhance the services that it provides to its users. For example, IPC may process Personal Information pursuant to legitimate business purposes to respond to user inquiries and to fulfill user requests, to send users relevant marketing information and offers, to complete transactions, provide customer service, send administrative information, personalize users’ experiences with the websites, and where IPC is required to do this by law.
E. Do we share the information that we collect with third parties?
We only share your Personal Information with third parties as outlined in this Policy.
We do not disclose Personal Information collected from our website to third parties except as set forth below. Aggregate information about website traffic may be disclosed to advertisers and Service Providers to gauge the relevancy of content or an advertisement’s effectiveness.
In limited cases, we may sell, trade, or otherwise transfer certain Personal Information, including individuals’ names and contact information, to advertisers when the individual clicks on an advertiser’s email newsletter advertisement. Ads which appear on the IPC website are not included in this advertiser service.
We may also share the information that we collect for legitimate business interests and for the following for the following purposes.
Compliance with applicable laws. We may disclose the Personal Information that we collect to a third party where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or government requests, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Vital interests and legal rights. We may disclose the information that we collect where we believe that it is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of any person, or to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights.
Business transfers. We may share or transfer the information that we collect in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Other ways in which you specifically consent. We may share the information that we collect in other ways that you specifically consent to.
F. For how long do we retain the information that we collect?
G. How do we protect your information?
IPC is dedicated to the protection of your information. IPC has implemented adequate organizational and technological measures to protect your personal information, mitigate risk, and ensure the proper use of your information. These measures include the implementation of policies and procedures to limit access to and the use of users’ information, daily scanning of our website for security holes and known vulnerabilities, and daily malware scans of our website. Additionally, users’ Personal Information is contained behind secured networks. All transactions that are processed for IPC are processed through a financial gateway provider and are not stored or processed on the same servers.
H. What are your privacy rights?
IPC will only use your information for the purposes described in this Policy or as subsequently authorized by you. We strive to offer you with choices about how your Personal Information is used and shared, as further outlined below.
If, after visiting our website, you wish to access, rectify, erase, restrict, transfer, or object to the use of your information, or if you have any questions in connection with this policy or the use of your information, please contact us at GDPRRequests@foodsafetytech.com, GDPRRequests@medtechintelligence.com, or GDPRRequests@cannabisindustryjournal.com. You may also update your preferences and information by logging into your email subscription account.
1. Opting-Out. Individuals can easily opt-out of IPC email newsletters by following our unsubscribe process in the footer of our emails. Alternatively, individuals can opt-out of specific types of emails by following the process outlined by clicking the “Manage Your Subscription” link in the header of each of our emails.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer, you may set your browser to block all cookies. Additionally, you may remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative by opting out here, or of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out here.
b. Unsubscribing From Emails. Following the subscription process, individuals who have registered for any of IPC’s email newsletters may do so by following the “Opt-Out” link at the bottom of each email we send. Alternatively, individuals can opt-out of specific types of emails by following the process outlined by clicking the “Manage Your Subscription” link in the header of each of our emails.
c. Deletion of Records. Individuals who have registered with IPC’ website may request to have their membership deactivated and their information erased by emailing: GDPRRequests@foodsafetytech.com, GDPRRequests@medtechintelligence.com, or GDPRRequests@cannabisindustryjournal.com. IPC will process the requests without undue delay. Although IPC may deactivate an individual’s registration pursuant to their request, it may continue to retain their information for legitimate business purposes as set forth above.
2. Accessing and Updating Your Information. Individuals can opt-out of specific types of emails, or change/delete specific contact information by following the process outlined by clicking the “Manage Your Subscription” link in the header of each of our emails. This website does not maintain PII, and the maintenance pages require specific identifiers only present in our email newsletters.
3. Requests for Information, Records, and Restrictions of Use. At any time, individuals who have registered with IPC may submit a request for a copy of their information in IPC’ possession by sending an email to GDPRRequests@foodsafetytech.com, GDPRRequests@medtechintelligence.com, or GDPRRequests@cannabisindustryjournal.com. Individuals may also request that IPC transfers their information or provides the individuals with copies of their information to enable the transfer of their information to a third party. IPC will respond to all such requests without undue delay.
I. Where do we transfer and/or store your information?
IPC stores and processes information collected from its website in the United States. Our Service Providers are compliant with EU-US Privacy Shield framework. We will protect your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy wherever it is processed.
1. Links to Third Party Websites. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies and are maintained entirely separate from our website. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these sites.
2. Modifications and Amendments. IPC may modify or amend this policy from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your consent. If we change our Policy, we will post those changes on this page in addition to updating the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of this Policy. For these reasons, we encourage you to read this Policy regularly. Your continued use of our website shall constitute your acceptance of the modified Policy. If there will be any changes made to the use of your Personal Information in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you by posting a notice on our website. If you object to any of the changes, or the overall Policy, please contact us via the contact information set below.
3. Children. Our website is not directed at children, and we do not solicit or knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use our website. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
We are committed to resolving complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. If you have any questions regarding this Policy, or if you believe that IPC has not complied with this Policy, please contact us using the information below. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you promptly. However, if you do not believe that we have responded to your complaint appropriately or in a timely manner, you may contact our Data Protection Authority:
Disclaimer of liability: This website is compiled and maintained with the utmost care. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness and freedom of errors of the data contained herein; we disclaim any liability for losses or damages whatsoever resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the online content of this website. We further disclaim any liability for the content of websites of other third-party operators that are accessed by visitors of this website via links incorporated in this website. The exclusive responsibility for such third-party content rests with their respective providers.
Copyright and trademarks: Any written text, images, graphics, artwork, animations, videos, sounds and any other content of this website, including the arrangement thereof, are protected by copyright and other protective laws. Without our prior approval, no duplication, modification or usage of the content named above in other electronic or printed publications is permitted. Unless otherwise indicated, all trademarks are protected by trademark laws, including, but not limited to Innovative Publishing Co. LLC trade names, logos, emblems and name plates.The patents and trade names presented in this website are the intellectual property of the companies listed within.
Last Updated on May 24, 2018