Save the Dates for the 2019 Food Safety Consortium!
October 1-3, 2019
Innovative Publishing Co., publisher of Food Safety Tech, has announced that Frank Yiannas, deputy commissioner for food policy and response at FDA, will serve as the keynote speaker to kick off the 2019 Food Safety Consortium Conference & Expo on October 1. The Consortium is the industry’s leading food safety event for networking and educational opportunities, and takes place October 1–3 in Schaumburg, IL. – Learn More
Call for Abstracts
The Food Safety Consortium, is requesting abstracts for content and a Poster Session to be presented during our upcoming Conference and Expo Oct. 1-3, 2019 in Schaumburg, IL. In order to be eligible for review, abstracts must comply with the following criteria:
- Submit a 300 word abstract: Abstracts will be judged on the level of educational value they will provide to participants. Abstracts that are product and/or company focused will NOT be reviewed. If your abstract is technology-focused, please be sure to avoid the sales-pitch.
- Lead presenters are responsible for the submission and coordination of their submission. If the proposed presentation will include 2 or more speakers, please make sure to submit all the required information for each speaker at the time of abstract submittal.
- Accepted abstracts will have a total presentation time of 30 minutes. Presenters should plan on a 25 minutes session, with 5 – 10 minutes for Questions & Answers. We recommend no more than 20 slides.
- Accepted Poster submissions will be displayed in the exhibit hall throughout the conference. Poster sessions will be held during the Receptions in exhibit hall.
Full information available on the Abstract submissions page:
The 2018 Food Safety Consortium!
The Food Safety Consortium is a premier educational and networking event for food safety solutions. Attracting the most influential minds in Food Safety, the Consortium enables attendees to engage conversations that are critical for advancing careers and organizations alike. Visit with exhibitors to learn about cutting edge solutions, explore five diverse educational tracks for learning valuable industry trends, and network with industry executives to find solutions to improve quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness in an ever-changing, global food safety market.
2018 Consortium Photos
Images credit: amybcreative
2018 Featured Speakers
This year’s educational line-up is packed with industry experts. Some of our key speakers include:
- Opening Plenary Presentation: FDA FSMA Implementation by Donald A. Prater, DVM Assistant Commissioner for Food Safety Integration, Office of Foods and Veterinary Medicine, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- John Besser, PhD, Deputy Chief, Enteric Diseases Laboratory Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Matthew Wise, Deputy Branch Chief for Outbreak Response, Outbreak Response and Prevention Branch, DFWED, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention